Concealed Handgun Permit
The SP-248 Concealed Handgun Permit Application must be completed and submitted to our office, along with a copy of your valid, government-issued photo I.D., $40.00, and a document showing proof of firearm competence or training. The following are examples of acceptable documentation:
- Previous Concealed Handgun Permit
- Hunter education or hunter safety course (in-person only)
- National Rifle Association (NRA) firearms safety or training course (in-person only)
- Law enforcement firearms safety or training course
- Proof of current enrollment in the Armed Forces of the United States
- DD-214 form (Military Discharge form)
Per statute effective January 1, 2021, online training of any sort is no longer acceptable as proof-of-training for first-time applicants. Applicants who have previously been granted a Concealed Handgun Permit are unaffected by this change, and can submit a copy of their current permit to satisfy the proof-of-training requirement for renewal.
Additionally, all first-time applicants must submit their applications in person and will be required to sign an affidavit stating that their proof-of-training fulfills the in-person training requirements. We will continue accepting permit renewals via mail-in submission.
Please contact the Clerk if you think you have a document not listed above that may be acceptable for proof.